Karen Hughes Keynote at PRSA: “I have the world’s best client – America!”
October 22, 2007
photo courtesy of Josh Hallett
What better way to capture the real-time feeling of a room you can’t be in, than to grab the Twitters of your friends who can. We checked a few to see what they were writing about Karen Hughes, lunch keynoter at the 2007 PRSA conference in Philly this week. Apparently she
- I have the world’s best client – America!
- Public relations need to be in on making the cars, not just selling the lemons
- The single most important thing we can do to improve perceptions is to bring them to US and let them decide for themselves
- Providing compassion overseas makes a difference, expand and highlight life-saving work
- Send programs to teach English, the current language of business, gives skill to improve their prospects
- Does the Statue of Liberty still face out? The answer needs to be yes!
And some impressions:
- Hughes is talking about what SecState is doing to communicate a friendly America. how about the substance. of U.S policy?
- Communications like this was once called propaganda. Sorry.